Discover Ipswich Magazine 2023
Wind your way along country roads to discover Spicers Hidden Vale, an escape just an hour’s drive from Brisbane combining the style and comfort of a luxury retreat with the warmth of country welcomes. Discover a regional adventure combining a breath of fresh air with luxury, garden to plate dining and a generous range of nature-based activities. Spicers Hidden Vale 10 ways to wind down with
4. Koala Experience Look for wild koalas and learn about the Hidden Vale Wildlife Centre conservation program on a 2 hours and 30 minutes tour. The koala safari is led by researchers and will give unique insights into habits and habitat.
1. Visit Homage Restaurant
7. Guided nature walks Take a 1 hour and 30 minute hike around the property with a field guide to lead the way. Learn about the history, geology, ecology and traditional customs of the area.
On the grounds you’ll find the award- winning Homage Restaurant open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Fresh honey, fruit, herbs and vegetables are harvested daily from the market garden or trusted local growers. Unique ingredients emanate from Homage’s own smokehouse and captivating preserving room. Fragrant roasts in the ovens, over the coals of the Mibrasa grill or open fire are free-range, sourced from nearby organic farms.
8. Frisbee golf Have a toss on the three-hole frisbee golf course. Play as many rounds as you like. 9. Guided mountain bike tours Head next door to Hidden Vale Adventure Park and let a guide show you around for two hours. The tour includes bike hire and helmets.
5. Cheese and wine tasting
Relax and enjoy the setting sun with a paired cheese and wine tasting experience. Enjoy three Australian cheeses paired with three Australian wines and the stories behind them.
2. Gold and gem fossicking You can try your hand at gold panning and gem fossicking for sapphires, emeralds and garnets on the 12,000 acre property.
10. Helicopter fishing You can fly directly from Spicers by helicopter to an Indigenous-led fishing experience on North Stradbroke Island. Enjoy cooked pipis on arrival and use live bait that has been gathered from local shores.
3. Half day 4WD tour Let one of the Spicers expert field guides take you on a private drive around the property. You’ll take in panoramic views from private lookouts and can add on a picnic lunch or cheese and wine for two.
6. Market garden tour Wander the Homage market garden and be taken behind the scenes of the preserving room and smokehouse. See walls of jars filled with ingredients on their pathway to your plate.
instagram SHARE YOUR DISCOVERY #DISCOVERIPSWICH | 27
Made with FlippingBook - Share PDF online